Personal injury lawyer in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
When you are injured, your life can take a drastic turn. In addition to physical difficulties, financial worries may also arise. A personal injury attorney can ease the stress and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
In New Jersey, there are many options for individuals who have been injured to receive compensation from those who are responsible. A personal injury lawyer will examine the details of your case and determine whether there is a legal basis to file a lawsuit against any parties.
Examples of damages that you may be able to recover include:
- Economic damages, which include costs that you incur as a result of the injury, such as costs associated with medical treatment (including transportation to appointments), lost wages, and caregiver costs
- Non-economic damages, such as punitive damages, pain and suffering, or loss of a spouse
Could I recover compensation for my injuries?
The amount you may receive for your personal injury claim is influenced by multiple factors, including the severity of your injuries, short-term and long-term effects, the behavior of the responsible party, and your own actions that may have contributed to your injuries.
Don’t let finances hold you back from seeking the advice of a personal injury lawyer. The Mark Law Firm offers a free consultation with an attorney to evaluate your situation and determine any legal claims you may have. With a contingency fee arrangement, pursuing a claim can be done at little to no cost upfront.
Some kinds of personal injury actions include:
- Premises Liability
- Animal Attacks
- Assault or Abuse
- Alcohol-Related Vehicle Injuries
- NEGLIGENT HIRING, RETENTION, OR SUPERVISION
- VICARIOUS LIABILITY
- PRODUCT LIABILITY
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
What kinds of damages are recoverable in New Jersey personal injury claims?
Victims of personal injuries can recover various types of damages under New Jersey law. The kind of damages and the amount recoverable varies depending on the facts of each case. You may be able to recover economic damages, non-economic damages, or both, depending on your situation.
Economic damages include
- Medical expenses for treatment related to your injuries
- Medical expenses for anticipated future treatment related to your injuries
- Reimbursement for medical devices, prosthetics, or mobility assistance tools
- Lost wages
- Other expenses related to your injuries, such as transportation to medical treatment, childcare, expenses for caregivers or household help, and other necessary costs
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Funeral expenses
Non-economic damages include
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium (loss of companionship for a spouse)
- Punitive damages
Many factors contribute to the value of a personal injury case, including the type and severity of injuries, the short and long-term effects of the injuries, any contributory fault on the victim’s part, the seriousness of the responsible party’s conduct, failure to meet their legal obligations, and more.
In many cases, an attorney will negotiate outstanding third-party expenses and debts (like liens for medical bills, workers’ compensation payments, Medicare/Medicaid liens, and others) and pay them out of any settlement proceeds. This can allow victims to defer payment on their medical treatment expenses and other debts while their case is proceeding. Having this breathing room can allow you to pursue a fair resolution of your claim rather than feeling pressure to settle quickly.
Consult a Basking Ridge personal injury attorney near you today.
If you believe someone else is at fault for your injuries, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney today. We help New Jersey residents in Basking Ridge and elsewhere obtain the compensation they deserve for their personal injury claims.
Whether you’ve been in a car, truck, SUV, or bus accident, suffered a slip-and-fall or other on-premises injury, been bitten by an animal, or were injured on the job, the Mark Law Firm will fight for your rights every step of the way through your personal injury claim. Contact us today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.